Last Updated: July 24, 2018
These Lula Referral Program Rules (“Program Rules”) govern your participation in the Lula Referral Program. The Program Rules are in addition to any agreements between you and Lula, including the Lula Terms of Service as applicable (collectively, the “Lula Terms”). The Lula Terms are incorporated by reference and shall apply to your participation in the Lula Referral Program, including, if necessary, to resolve any disputes between you and Lula related to or arising out of the Referral Program.
The Lula Referral Program (“Referral Program”) is offered by Lula, LLC. and its affiliates (together referred to as “Lula”) and provides Users who are interested in referring their family and friends (“Referrers”) the opportunity to refer eligible individuals to join the Lula platform as new Consumers or Service Providers. These Program Rules apply to both referrers and referred Users, so please read carefully to understand your respective rights and obligations.
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a referrer, you must (a) be a legal resident of your country; (b) be the age of majority in your territory of residence; and (c) maintain a Lula account in good standing. Referrers may be Service Providers or Consumers or Local Partners. A single person may use the Lula Platform in several ways (for example, as a Consumer and Service Provider). However, if you violate the Referral Program Rules or any applicable Terms of Service, Lula may suspend or terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under any or all of your accounts. For example, if you are a Consumer and Service Provider and you engage in prohibited referral activity under your Service Provider account, Lula may terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under all of your Lula accounts.
Under the Referral Program, Lula may provide you with a unique alphanumeric code (“Lula Code”) to distribute to eligible individuals to become new Consumers or Service Providers. Lula may also provide you the ability to create additional Lula Codes. Lula owns all rights in and to any Lula Code whether provided to you or created by you. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) Lula may limit the number of Lula Codes you may create or are made available to you, (b) you have no ownership rights in any form over the Lula Codes, and (c) Lula may reclaim, deactivate, invalidate or terminate your Lula Code at any time at its discretion.
How to Refer New Users
a. Referred Consumers.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Consumers on the Lula Platform. In order to be eligible for a Referral Reward (defined below) for a new Consumer, the person must (i) have never previously created a Lula account; (ii) be at least the age of majority in your territory of residence, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria, as discussed below. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Consumer.”
b. Referred Service Providers.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Service Providers on the Lula Platform. In order to receive a Referral Reward for a new Service Provider, the person must (i) have never previously been a Service Provider or started an application to become a Service Provider; (ii) meet all eligibility requirements and be approved to provide services on the Lula Platform, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. Lula Service Provider eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lula, and is not guaranteed. The duration of the review process may vary. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Service Provider.”
c. Invitations through the Lula Platform.
d. Other Invitations.
You may also invite eligible individuals to become new Users by distributing your Lula Code directly and instructing them to manually input your Lula Code into the Lula App. A Consumer will not be able to apply your Lula Code if (i) they’ve already applied another User’s Lula Code or a different promotion code, (ii) they’ve already received Lula credit from Lula or another source on their User account prior to entry of your Lula Code, or (iii) they complete a Lula service prior to entering your Lula Code in their Account. A Service Provider will not be able to apply your Lula Code if they start their application without entering your Code. If a User does not enter your Lula Code you will not receive attribution for the referral and they will not be considered your Referred Consumer or Referred Service Provider. Lula reserves the right to supply new Users with Lula credit or sign-on bonuses at its discretion.
You are eligible to earn a referral incentive (“Referral Reward”) for each Referred Consumer and Referred Service Provider that you refer to the Lula Platform (subject to certain maximum limits and the other terms in these Referral Program Rules). Referral Rewards can only be earned for Referrals in your country of residence, and cannot be earned for cross-border referrals. As discussed above, in order to qualify as your Referred Consumer or Referred Service Provider, the new User must satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. The Reward Criteria are set by Lula in its sole discretion and are subject to change at any time. The Reward Criteria may vary by market or within a particular market. Lula, at its sole discretion, may make available certain promotions with different Reward Criteria or Referral Rewards to other Users or prospective Users. These promotions, unless offered to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with Lula.
If the new User that you refer satisfies the Reward Criteria, the type of Reward you are eligible to receive may depend on (i) which Lula User account you used to refer the new user (in general, Service Providers and Local Partners can earn cash for Referred Users paid out in their weekly earnings, whereas Consumers receive Lula credits in their Lula account — the amount of the Reward may also vary depending on which User account you use), (ii) the Lula region associated with your Lula account (which may be the last location you have logged into the Lula application), (iii) the Lula region associated with the Referred User when they apply your Lula Code, or (iv) other factors as determined and communicated by Lula.
b. Earning Rewards for Referred Consumers.
New Consumers you refer may receive Lula credit upon creating their new Lula account (“Referral Credit”). Referral Credit is only valid for use on the Lula Platform and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Referral Credit may contain certain restrictions such as expiration dates or geographical use limitations which will be communicated to the new Consumer. New Consumers should check the Promos tab within their Lula app to determine whether they have Referral Credit and any restrictions on its use. In order to satisfy the Referral Criteria, the referred Consumer must complete their first Lula service before the Referral Credit expires, but in no event later than thirty (30) days from the creation of their Lula account. All terms and conditions for the distribution and use of Referral Credit are determined by Lula in its sole discretion.
c. Maximum Rewards for Referred Consumers.
The maximum amount of Referral Rewards that Lula will pay for Referred Consumers is $500 per week. For example, if the Referral Reward is $25 per Referred Consumer and you generate 23 Referred Consumers in a single week, the maximum you can earn is $500 (Lula credit) for such week. This maximum Referral Reward amount shall apply across all of your Lula accounts (Consumer, Service Provider, and/or Local Partner). You may not create multiple Lula accounts to circumvent the Referral Reward maximum, and Lula may withhold or deny any amounts above the maximum Referral Reward. Lula reserves the right to change this maximum amount, and it is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
d. Earning Rewards for Referred Service Providers.
When you refer a new Service Provider to the Lula Platform you may be eligible for a Referral Reward if the Service Provider is approved and satisfies the Reward Criteria. The applicable Reward Criteria varies by time, market, and promotion. Lula will confirm the applicable Reward Criteria for the Referred Service Provider (if any) upon submission of their Service Provider application. As a standing rule, the new Service Provider applicant must complete their Service Provider application and become approved to drive on the Lula Platform within 30 days of starting the application in order to be eligible to complete the Reward Criteria. In addition, the Reward Criteria for new Service Providers always includes providing a certain number of services on the Lula Platform within a certain number of days of becoming approved to service consumer job requests (the specifics shall be confirmed upon application).
e. Maximum Rewards for Referred Service Providers.
Lula reserves the right to set a maximum amount of Referral Rewards you can earn per week (or any other time increment) for referring new Service Providers to the Lula Platform. It is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
f. Resolving Disputes over Referrals.
Only one person can earn a Referral Reward for a single Referred Consumer or Referred Service Provider. In the event that multiple persons claim credit for a particular referral, Lula has full discretion to determine which person earned such referral according to Lula’s systems.
g. Reservation of rights.
Lula reserves the right to withhold or deduct Referral Rewards or Referral Credit obtained through the Referral Program in the event that Lula determines or believes that the receipt of the Referral Reward or Referral Credit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, malicious, or in violation of these Referral Program Rules or any other applicable agreement between you and Lula.
In connection with your participation in the Referral Program, you expressly agree to the restrictions listed below. When distributing, promoting or communicating your Referral Code(s) you agree that:
- No spamming. You agree that you will not “spam” anyone with invitations to join the Lula community, and that you at all times will remain compliant with CAN-SPAM, the TCPA, and other applicable laws. The following specific activities are prohibited:
- Mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not personally know;
- Use of automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post or respond to your Referral Code;
- Use of scripts, programed or automatic dialers to send invites or to communicate Referral Codes; and
- Posting referral codes on event or venue pages without express permission from the owner.
- No Misrepresentations. You agree that you will not attempt to mislead anyone in connection with the Referral Program, either by affirmative representation, implication, or omission. In particular, you agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Create fake accounts, blogs, webpages, profiles, websites, links or messages
- Misrepresent your relationship with Lula or any other third party (Don’t create content or communications that could have the effect of leading a consumer to believe that it is an official communication from Lula.)
- Suggest that an affiliation or partnership exists with a third party where none exists. Some examples include:
- “Use code ‘KCOPEN’ to get up to $25 off your Lula job request for the KC Downtown Open Event! #downtownOpen #LULA”;
- “Tiger Woods loves Lula! Use code ‘TIGER’ to get up to $25 off your next Lula job request!”; or
- Don’t make misrepresentations with respect to the characteristics or qualification requirements for any referral rewards. You acknowledge that Lula may change the characteristics or qualification requirements for referral rewards in its discretion, and therefore you shall not represent any fixed characteristics (e.g., amount of Lula credit, expiration date).
- Prohibited content. You agree that you will not use the Lula brand in connection with:
- Disparaging or defamatory content concerning Lula or third parties;
- Content which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Offensive, abusive, intimidating or harassing content
- Content that is sexually explicit, obscene and/or contains nudity
- Any political and/or religious statement;
- Content containing images or reference to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or firearms
- Content that violates someone else’s privacy
- Other restrictions. You also agree that you will not:
- Specify the monetary amount of the referral code unless authorized by Lula in writing;
- Create websites, domains, URLs, social media handles or email addresses containing the word “Lula”;
- Use the names or marks of Lula competitors
- Use images of celebrities or other public or private figures without their written consent
- Use someone else’s brand name or intellectual property without their written consent (for example, referencing “Superbowl” or “Coachella” would be prohibited);
- Engage in phishing or attempting to obtain financial or other personal information
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information
- Sell your Referral Code. You agree that you will only distribute your Lula Code free of charge only for promotional purposes. You may not sell, trade, or barter your Lula Code under any circumstances. You may not pay or provide anything of value to an invited user beyond any referral credit or collateral supplied by Lula.
- Violate or infringe the rights of a third party. You will not create any Lula Code that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party. You will adhere to the License terms in any use of the Lula Marks.
- Advertise. You agree that you will not pay to advertise your Lula Code or the Referral Program, including via Google, Facebook, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist.
- Create printed materials other than those authorized by Lula (including but not limited to: VistaPrint, OvernightPrints)
- Post printed materials on public or private property without the express written consent.
- Engage in fraudulent activity. You agree that you and your referrals will not defraud or abuse (or attempt to defraud or abuse) Lula, the terms of the Lula Referral Program, or any invited users.
If you violate any of these restrictions Lula may, in its discretion, remove your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program, and/or deny you any Referral Rewards earned in violation or suspected violation of these restrictions.
The following terms shall also apply to your participation in the Referral Program.
- Referred Service Providers who earn a Referral Reward for satisfying the Reward Criteria are not eligible for other sign-on bonuses or sign-on guarantees.
- Users cannot earn Referral Rewards for referring themselves.
- In exchange for allowing you to promote your Lula Code online (subject to the restrictions above), you agree to include a link on any such promotion page back to Lula’s promotion page (or such other page as Lula designates).
- All Lula promotions run for a limited time only and are subject to change at Lula’s discretion.